Landmark's Exclusive First-Time Home Buyer Program
Benefits and Qualifications:
- Landmark Credit Union will pay up to a maximum of $1,000 in closing costs for first-time home buyers1
- A first-time home buyer is defined as an applicant who has not owned a home within the past three years
- A Landmark Credit Union checking account is required to receive any closing incentive for first-time home buyers
Get pre-approved for a First-Time Home Buyer loan.
This is the first and most important part of buying your first home. Your Landmark Mortgage Loan Officer will meet with you personally or over the phone to accurately determine the right loan amount and mortgage product that fits your budget. They will also inform you of the cash amount you will need at loan closing. At Landmark, our pre-approvals can give you tremendous confidence when you make an offer on your first home. Call a Landmark Mortgage Loan Officer today at 262-796-4500.
Items needed for pre-approval:
- Name, current address and social security number
- Name(s), and work number(s) of employer(s) for the past two years
- Monthly income for you and your co-borrower (most recent pay stub(s) with year-to-date income) includes bonuses, commissions and overtime income for the past two years (this information is on your tax return)
- If you are self-employed, you will need the last two years' tax returns for the type of business you own: Sole Proprietorship (Schedule C), Partnership (Form 1065) or Corporation (Form 1120 or 1120s). In addition, the last two years' personal tax returns (including K-1s)
- Documentation to support credit history problems (if applicable), which can be a written explanation of late payments, bankruptcy (petition and discharge papers), defaults, judgments and/or liens
- All checking and savings accounts
- Stock, bonds, stock options and 401(k) value
- 401(k) loan
- Gifts from family
It is very important to remember that some lenders offer just a pre-qualification letter vs. Landmark’s pre-approval letter. A pre-qualification is just an estimate of a projected loan amount whereas a Landmark pre-approval is based on our loan experts reviewing your documentation, credit, income and verifying funds to close.
Communicate with your Landmark Mortgage Loan Officer while you shop.
Rates, real estate taxes and assessment fees vary from house to house. Contact your loan officer to calculate payments if you find a house you are interested in. Your pre-approval is good for 120 days. In the event any of the information provided changes, please contact us to update the information at which time we may issue a new pre-approval letter.
Find your dream home, knowing you are well qualified.
Landmark’s name and reputation will strengthen the offer you make when you find the right home. We stand by our pre-approval letters, and the Wisconsin real estate community knows the value of a Landmark pre-approval.
Apply online or by calling 262-796-4500
To apply for your online loan, all you have to do is answer a few simple questions about yourself, your property, your income, debts and assets.
Still have questions? Contact a Mortgage Loan Officer.
If you want some advice or have more questions about buying your first home, contact one of our experts at a location near you.