Download Printer Friendly Version
This Funds Availability Policy (Policy) applies to deposits made into a checking or savings account at a branch, automated teller machine (ATM), or by mail. This Policy does not apply to deposits made remotely through mobile deposit services.
With some exceptions described below, it is our policy to make funds from your deposits available on or before the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. At that time, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks or other items. For example, if you deposit a check on Monday, you may not be able to access the funds from that deposit, including for payment of other checks, until Tuesday or possibly later.
Refer to the availability timelines below for details about when you can use the funds from different types of deposits. Additionally, we may place a longer hold and credit will not be received on non-U.S. items until the collection process is completed.
Determining When a Deposit is Received
If you make a deposit with an associate at a branch on a business day, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. If you make a deposit on a business day before our cutoff time at a Landmark ATM, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit on a day that is not a business day or make an ATM deposit after the ATM cutoff time, we will consider the deposit to have been made on the next business day for purposes of funds availability. For example, if you make a deposit at an ATM at 9:00 p.m. on a Friday, the deposit will be considered received on the following Monday.
- For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
- For deposits and transfers at most Landmark ATMs, the cutoff time is 7:00 p.m. local time. In some cases, the cutoff time may be delayed at Landmark’s discretion. During the delay, your deposit will be treated as if it was received before 7:00 p.m. Please note, the date printed on your ATM deposit receipt will reflect the calendar day you made your deposit, which may not be the same as the day we consider it received for purposes of funds availability as outlined in this Policy.
- Deposits placed in a night depository are considered received when we remove them from the night depository; we will remove deposits no later than the next business day.
- Branches in some locations may be closed on business days because of an emergency, and deposits made at a night depository when those branches are closed will be considered received on the next business day when the branch is open.
- We will not accept cash deposits by mail.
All deposits made by mail will be considered received on the date the deposit is received by that location.
Quick Reference Guide
|Deposits made to an associate at a branch?
||Type of Deposit
||Qualified Payroll Check*
Check drawn on a Landmark account (“On-us Check”)
Electronic (wire and ACH) deposits to your account
U.S. Treasury Checks
U.S. Postal Money Order
State or Local Government Check
Pre-Printed Insurance Check
|All Other Types of Checks
||Next Business Day
||Deposits at Landmark ATMs
||Next Business Day
|Deposits at non-Landmark ATMs
||Fifth Business Day
|All other types of deposits (excluding mobile deposits)
||Next Business Day
* Qualified Payroll Check means a payroll check following two consecutive deposits that have cleared from the same employer.
If you make a deposit in person to an associate at a Landmark branch, funds from the following deposits are available the same day we receive the deposit:
- Qualified Payroll Check
- On-Us Check
- Electronic (wire and ACH) deposits to your account
- U.S. Treasury Checks
- Cashier/Certified/Teller Check
- U.S. Postal Money Order
- State or Local Government Check
- Pre-Printed Insurance Check
If you make a deposit in person to an associate at a Landmark branch, funds from all other types of checks not specifically enumerated above are available on (or before) the first business day after the day we are considered to have received your deposit.
Landmark Credit Union ATMs: Checks deposited at a Landmark Credit Union ATM, prior to the cutoff time, will be available by the first business day after the day we are considered to have received your deposit.
Deposits at Nonproprietary ATMs: Funds from any deposits made at ATMs we do not own or operate may not be available until the fifth business day after the day you make the deposit.
Longer Delays May Apply
Funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period if:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid;
- Information on the check is inconsistent, altered, noncurrent or unverifiable;
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525 on any one day;
- You re-deposit a check that has been returned unpaid;
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months; or
- There is an emergency, such as a natural disaster or failure of communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. If we delay availability for one of these reasons, funds will generally be available no later than the fifth business day after the day we are considered to have received your deposit.
If you make a check deposit with one of our associates and we decide at that time to delay your ability to withdraw funds, we will tell you then. If we decide to delay availability of your funds after you complete your deposit, we will mail you a deposit hold notice by the first business day after we decide to take that action.
If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available, but further review of the deposit after we receive it may still result in delayed availability.
Special Rules for New Memberships
If you are a new member, the following special rules may apply during the first 30 days your account is open:
- Funds from electronic (wire and ACH) deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit.
- Funds from deposits not exceeding $5,525 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, U.S. Postal Money Orders, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day we are considered to have received your deposit, if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the check must be made payable to you. The excess over $5,525 will be available on the fifth business day after the day we are considered to have received your deposit.
- Funds from all other check deposits, except for qualified payroll checks and on-us checks, will be available no later than the fifth Business Day after the day we are considered to have received your deposit. Qualified payroll checks and on-us checks will be available on the day of deposit.
If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in any account that has available funds. Those funds will be available on the day they would have been available as though you had deposited the check.
Availability and Notice for Electronic Entries
In the case of credit entries subject to Article 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code, Landmark hereby provides notice that such entries may be transmitted through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network pursuant to the ACH Rules governed by the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA). Your rights and obligations concerning these entries shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin. Credit provided by Landmark as the Receiving Depository Financial Institution (RDFI) to you for these entries is provisional until we have received final settlement through a Federal Reserve Bank. If we do not receive such payment for the entry, we are entitled to a refund from you in the amount of the credit to your account, and the payor of the entry will not be considered to have paid the amount of the credit to you. Landmark has not agreed to provide you with notice if we have received a credit entry subject to Article 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Landmark reserves the right to:
- accept or reject any check presented;
- revoke any settlement with respect to a check accepted by us, charge back to your account the amount of the check based on the return of the check or a receipt of notice of non-payment of the check, or claim a refund for such credit, and assess applicable fees; and
- require that the space reserved for endorsement by Landmark on the back of any check accepted for deposit be free and clear of any prior markings or endorsements.