The Federal Government Regulation D restricts telephone initiated, preauthorized withdrawals and transfers (among certain other transaction types) from savings and money market accounts to no more than six within a calendar month. If you attempt to exceed six, you may be charged a fee or the transaction may be rejected. Your checking account is not affected by this regulation.
- Statements: If you have any electronic activity on your account you will receive an account statement monthly.
- Notification of unauthorized transfers: If you believe someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call 262-796-4500 or write to: Landmark Credit Union, P.O. Box 510870, New Berlin, WI 53151
- Business Days: The Credit Union’s business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Limitations on dollar amounts of transfers: You may withdraw up to $500 per day from our terminals each time you use the card.
- Terminal transfers: You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using one of our automated teller machines.
- Right to stop preauthorized payment and procedure for doing so: If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Simply call us at (262) 796-4500 or write us at Landmark Credit Union, P.O. Box 510870, New Berlin, WI 53151, in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. We will charge you for each stop-payment order you give. Check our website, LandmarkCU.com, or a fee schedule in any branch for the current fee.
- Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer: If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
- ATM fees: When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used. And you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer.
- Consumer Liability: Tell us at once if you believe your card has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft or your card, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card without your permission.
- If you do NOT tell use within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
- Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by card, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
- Credit Union Liability: The Credit Union shall be liable for losses and damages caused by:
- Failure to make an electronic payment in time or for the correct amount in accordance with your authorization except in the following cases:
- Your account has insufficient funds through no fault of ours to complete the transfer.
- The funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting such transfer. Such transfer would exceed an established credit limit.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as flood, fire, computer breakdown, or changes in our operation as required by law) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
- Failure to make a transfer due to insufficient funds when the Credit Union failed to credit a deposit to your account which would have provided sufficient funds to make the transfer.
- Information to third parties: The Credit Union will furnish information to third parties about your account(s) or any electronically initiated transactions only in the following circumstances:
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers.
- In order to comply with a government agency or court.
- You give us written permission.
Terms: The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. Reasonable notice of any change will be given before the change is initiated.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, telephone us at 262-796-4500 or write us at: Landmark Credit Union, P.O. Box 510870, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Call or write as soon as possible if you think your statement is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send the first statement on which the problem(s) or error(s) appeared.
When you call or write:
- Tell us your name and member number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error, or
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require you to send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any errors promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or questions. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not re-credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
If we decide that there was an error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
Service Agreement and Disclosure
You have chosen a Landmark Credit Union confidential Access Code for use with Automated Account Access.
You understand that you cannot use this service without an Access Code. This Access Code may be used for transfers between your accounts, account inquiries, and for other transactions as may become available.
You are responsible for the safekeeping of your Access Code provided by the Credit Union and for all transactions by use of the service. You further understand that your Access Code is not transferable and you will not disclose it or permit any unauthorized use of it. If your Access Code is disclosed to anyone other than a joint owner of your account, you will notify the Credit Union immediately and send written confirmation. You understand that you are responsible for any transactions completed by anyone to whom you have disclosed your Access Code.
You waive all present or future claims against the Credit Union and release the Credit Union from all responsibility for loss or damage not caused by the Credit Union’s negligence which you might incur through unauthorized use of your Access Code. If you default in any amounts you owe under this Agreement, you agree to pay all attorney fees and collection costs incurred by the Credit Union.
You understand that the Credit Union reserves the right to discontinue access to the service without notice and will not be liable for failure to honor any Automated Account Access Transactions. Transactions made through the service are binding on the Credit Union only after verification by the Credit Union. Amendments to the Agreement may be provided to you, in accordance with applicable laws, without restatement of the terms. The use of Automated Account Access is subject to such other terms, conditions and requirements as may be established.
There is no charge for access to Automated Account Access. The Credit Union reserves the right, however, to impose service charges at a future date, if proper notice is given.
The total dollar amount of transactions by Automated Account Access is subject to limits set by the Credit Union, and sufficient verified funds must be available to satisfy transaction instructions. Transactions completed after the normal business hours each day may be posted to the appropriate accounts on the next business day after the date of such transactions.