The organization was run by volunteers until Joseph Woelfel was hired as the first full-time paid manager. Over the years, the credit union changed names (Chabelco Credit Union, Rexnord Credit Union) but continued to offer financial guidance along with competitive products and services.
By the time of Joseph Woelfel’s retirement, our assets had grown to $2 million, with about 2,000 members. In 1973, Ron Kase was elected by our board of directors to succeed Joseph as president. He served as president for 39 years of steady growth.
In 1985, the credit union started offering financial solutions to people who lived or worked within the Greater Milwaukee area. This event prompted the name change to Landmark Credit Union to better reflect the ability to serve the community at large.
After 39 years of working with Landmark, Ron Kase retired and a new CEO was chosen. Jay Magulski was appointed as CEO in 2013 and his vision continues where Ron’s left off – to continue to provide the highest level of member service to all.
In 2016, Landmark Credit Union became the first Wisconsin credit union to reach $3 billion in total assets. We also continue to remain Southeastern Wisconsin’s top auto lender, and one of the top mortgage lenders.
Today Landmark has grown to over 30 branches, serving those who live and work in Southern and Northeastern Wisconsin, plus Lake and McHenry Counties in Illinois. Our goal still remains the same as it was in 1933 – to provide affordable financial services. We strive to enable our members to become financially self-sufficient and successful. In addition, we demonstrate the value and convenience of membership in Landmark Credit Union by daily fulfilling our promise, “You’re worth more here.”
- 1933 - Beginning of Rex #2 Credit Union for Rexnord employees
- 1937 - Joseph Woelfel was hired as the first full-time employee
- 1970 - Credit union moved to building outside of Rexnord
- 1973 - Board elected Ron Kase as the new company president
- 1983 - People of Milwaukee and Waukesha county became eligible for membership
- 1985 - Company name was changed to Landmark Credit Union
- 2005 - Landmark became the first Credit Union in Wisconsin to reach $1 billion in assets
- 2012 - Landmark became the first Credit Union in Wisconsin to reach $2 billion in assets
- 2013 - Jay Magulski is appointed as Landmark’s new CEO
- 2016 - Landmark became the first Credit Union in Wisconsin to reach $3 billion in assets
- 2019 - Landmark became the first Credit Union in Wisconsin to reach $4 billion in assets